Mention of pancakes can evoke a bunch of negative thoughts – gluten, sugar, and fat are among the major downsides of this popular meal. But have you heard about blueberry protein keto pancakes?
These are gluten-free, sugar-free, fat-burning pancakes that don’t lose out on the flavor. If you’re looking for a mouth-watering and protein-filled breakfast, look no further. This article will explain how to make fluffy blueberry protein pancakes and maintain your ketosis at the same time.
How Do Blueberry Protein Pancakes Benefit Your Body?
Protein pancakes are not only delicious, but they also improve your health in many ways.
- Better heart rate – According to studies, blueberries are extremely efficient in preventing cardiovascular diseases, heart attacks, and blood pressure issues.
- Anti-oxidant properties – Almost all the ingredients of this recipe have antioxidant properties. Blueberries, in particular, are full of antioxidants that reduce the risk of cancer. Almond flour is rich with antioxidant properties, but it contains anti-inflammatory properties, too.
- Regulating blood sugar – Regular pancakes are filled with sugary substances. Conversely, keto pancakes are completely free of sugar (and equally delicious). All ingredients are carefully picked to keep your blood sugar in check.
- Muscle growth – The gluten-free proteins included in these pancakes should strengthen your muscles, too. The vanilla whey protein powder isn’t there just for the taste, but it will promote muscle growth, too. This protein, along with eggs and milk, will keep your body in top shape.
What Do You Need?
- Half a cup of blueberries
- Half a cup of preferred milk (non-sweetened)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (preferably Stevia or Lanktano)
Tip: If you want to enhance the aroma, you can prepare a bit of vanilla extract for the mixture.
How to Prepare?
- Set the blueberries aside and mix all ingredients together until the mixture becomes smooth (you can use a blender).
- After a few minutes, add blueberries to the mixture.
- Coat your preferred pancake pan or skillet with nonstick butter and heat it over a low-medium heat.
- Add the pancake mix to the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on both sides (until the pancakes become golden-brown).
You may serve the pancakes with some blueberries on the side, with your favorite topping or spread.
You may spread a bit of almond butter on top of the pancake, or if you prefer, top it with sugar-free maple syrup. Enjoy!
Breakfast for Champions
Nothing beats a good, low-fat and fiber-filled breakfast. It will fill you up with energy for the day and keep your body fresh and ready for the challenges ahead.
With fluffy blueberry protein pancakes, you’ll get your daily dose of protein and a delicious meal at the same time. These pancakes are one of the favorite treats of keto dietitians, and once you try them out you’ll understand why. So, why haven’t you taken your pan out yet?