You want to get your butt in shape, but you don’t have access to the gym or just don’t like lifting weights. Luckily, there are countless exercises that can help you achieve your goal.
If you stick to doing these five exercises three times a week, you will get a super-strong booty in two to three months.
Before you start doing any exercise you should warm up. This will prepare your muscles, and prevent any injuries.
You should do some moderate cardio to get the heart rate up. This can be anything from running to jumping rope.
Squats are the bread and butter of booty building. You should focus on having good form and being intentional with the movements. Go slowly and stay in control of your movement.
- Start in a standing position with your feet a bit wider than your hips.
- Point your toes slightly outward. If you feel more comfortable in a wider stance, rotate your feet more.
- Pick a spot on the wall to follow while performing the movement.
- Lift your arms straight in front. They should be parallel to the ground, with palms facing down.
- Squat down until your hips are lower than your knees. Keep your knees in line with your feet the whole time.
- Come back up.
Aim for 3-5 sets of 10-12 reps. Adjust the sets based on your abilities.
This exercise will not only tone and shape your butt nicely it will also strengthen your core.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Rest your hands on your hips with the elbows bent to the side.
- Take a step with your right leg. Place your foot completely flat.
- Raise the heel of your left foot. Your toes should be the only thing touching the ground.
- Get back up.
Do three sets of 10-12 reps. Increase the number of sets if this is the only exercise you’re doing.
These will get your butt into shape while leaving you sore the next day.
Find a chair or a bench that can support your weight. When you place your foot on it, your knees should bend to a 90-degree angle.
- Start by placing your right foot on the bench or chair.
- Push with your right leg to lift yourself up on the bench. Keep your back straight.
- While going up, lift your left leg and start bending it at the knee. Bend it to a 90-degree angle until your left thigh is parallel to the bench.
- Pause for a second and then go down to the original position.
Perform 3-5 sets of 10-12 reps for each leg.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
This isolation exercise will give your glutes a proper workout. You will need a towel or a mat.
- Lie down flat on your back on the mat. Your feet should lay flat on the floor, bent at the knees. Place arms at your side.
- Raise your left leg and straighten it out completely. Your right leg should still be in the same position.
- Press down with your right foot while pushing your hips upward.
- When you get to the highest position, pause for a second or two.
- Return to the starting position.
- Go as high as possible, pause for a second or two, then return to the starting position.
Do three sets with 10-12 reps for each leg.
Get That Butt in Shape!
These are the best butt exercises that don’t need weights. Remember, though, Stretching after your workout is as important as the warm-up before it. This will help you with recovery, and you will not feel as sore the next day.