The chocolate keto fudge looks like a mouth-watering treat that you should never eat. But, surprisingly, you couldn’t be more wrong.
Once fudge went keto, it became an immensely healthy snack. It’s both gluten- and sugar-free, and it comes in small squares, just enough to satisfy your hunger between meals.
What’s more, it’s irresistible and easy to make. So let’s find out more about it.
What Makes Keto Fudge Healthy?
Fudge was once a treat with little or no distinguishable health benefits. However, that changed with the keto recipe for chocolate fudge which includes plenty of upsides:
- Good for your stomach – Healthy fats from coconut oil and walnuts or pecans (optional ingredients) maintain your friendly gut bacteria, efficiently absorb vitamins, and keeps your digestive system in check.
- Increases brain performance – All nuts contained in this fudge enhance your brain function. In particular, Coconut oil and keto nut butter are full medium-chain triglycerides which play an essential role in converting nutrients to energy and brain food. Furthermore, cocoa is said to enhance concentration.
- Doesn’t make you fat – Unlike regular treats, keto fudge won’t make you fat. The nut butter, walnuts, and chocolate fill you up and decrease your hunger. Gone are the days where you’re racked with guilt after you grab a few snacks.
Keto Chocolate Fudge: What Do You Need?
- ½ cup of desired keto nut butter
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder (sugar-free)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Up to 3 tablespoons of your preferred keto-friendly sweetener (e.g. Stevia)
You can spice things up by adding some optional ingredients to increase the crunchiness or enhance the flavor of the fudge.
- Peppermint: Adding a couple of drops of peppermint oil will give a unique taste to the fudge.
- Sea salt: It’s a known fact that sodium from salt enhances the chocolate flavor. Adding sea salt will suppress the bitterness of the chocolate and enhance the sweeter components. In addition, sodium is a good blood pressure regulator and benefits your nervous system.
- Nuts: Adding low-calorie nuts such as pecans or walnuts will enhance both the taste and the texture. It also makes your fudge crunchier.
- Put cacao powder, coconut oil, and unsweetened cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Use a mixer on high to whip the ingredients around. There shouldn’t be any lumps and the liquid should be extremely smooth.
- Add salt, sweetener, and vanilla to the mixture. If you prepared walnuts or pecans, chop them and stir them in.
- Line a parchment paper onto the baking dish and pour the mixture in.
- Put in the fridge. It takes around 2 hours in the fridge for the mixture to firm.
Afterward, cut the fudge into small squares – a regular baking dish should provide around 16 squares.
Treat That Makes You Fit
The chocolate keto fudge is a sweet delicacy with plenty of benefits – it keeps you focused, keeps your stomach in check, and maintains your body shape
One square of keto chocolate fudge will satisfy you, your consciousness, and your gut bacteria. And the best thing – the preparation takes only fifteen minutes of your time. So, you can make a start right away.